Are you a beginning performer and finally found the guts to perform on stage, or with little experience on heels but interested in creating a piece, then this is your category! The focus will be less on technique and more on stage presence. Are you feeling it? Are you having fun? Do you have a grasp of the style you applied on your performance? The 4 styles too choose from are ‘sexy seductive’, ‘Pole Art’ & ‘Flow’ & Hard in Heels (descriptions below). Despite the style all the First timers will share one category and battle for the title of ‘Best First Timer’!
- Anyone that has not performed before
- Did you participate in FTOS last year BUT did not win? You are allowed to enter this categorie 3 years in a row before you are obligated to move up.
- Is not used to dancing in front of people (so teachers are excluded from this group)
- Beginning poler in heels
- Not higher than intermediate level poledancing.
- Length must be between 3.00 minutes – 3.11 minutes.
- No moaning or other sexual sounds are allowed in the music.
- If the music is edited to fit the time limit, a good ending is sufficient. If the music is just cut-off without fade-out this will cost you deductions
- Ending before the music ends results in deductions.
- This category does not allow stripping (also not with theme sexy seductive). This is because we want to ristrict the stripping to just one moment of the show, so the people who get uncomfortable have a choice to avoid this part. Also, it’s your first time! Take it easy 😉.
- To enter moves are optional. More difficult moves will not result in higher placement, however execution will. If you are able to enter a difficult move without interrupting the dance, adding thematic touches this will result in higher over all scores.
- This category won’t be judged on flexibility yet, so splits don’t have to be straight yet. You are judged by how confidently you perform it.
- Stage presence is the most important thing in this category!